Position: Farmers Market SNAP Associate
- Working knowledge of the SNAP program & Double UP Program.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Working knowledge of Farmer Markets.
- Must be able to work Saturdays ~ Shift 8 a.m. til 1 p.m.
- Familiarity of hunger and poverty issues.
- Ability to work with and be sensitive to people from diverse backgrounds , diverse religious and ethnic cultures.
- Knowledge of community.
- Knowledge of basic technology and ability to troubleshoot during technology failures.
- Must have strong customer service background.
- Ability to be compassionate and keep boundaries when customers and vendors become frustrated and upset.
- Assist customers in applying for Double Up Loyalty card.
- Assist customers in forming lines and following the rules for their own safety and the safety of the market.
- Assist customers in filling and refilling their Loyalty card with their SNAP benefit card.
- Troubleshooting when vendors have problems with their Loyalty Tablets.
- Must be able to explain the Double Up Loyalty program to customers.
- Troubleshooting when customers have problems with technology.
- Be able to put up tent, table and proper signage each Saturday.
- Able to keep boundaries and provide the proper information regarding program.